This is hands down one of my favorite fall dinners! Delicious apple chicken sausage, squash and brussels sprouts all tossed together in a maple mustard glaze with garlic and fresh herbs all roasted to perfection in just 30 minutes. Super easy to throw together on a busy weeknight and you can easily prep everything ahead of time which is why I love sheet pan meals. Such an easy dinner recipe that the whole family can enjoy!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- All your favorite fall flavors in one healthy meal!
- Easily made in just 30 minutes all on one sheet pan.
- Such a great way to use those fresh seasonal veggies and herbs.
- Also makes a great side dish for every day dinners or holiday meals.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- chicken sausage – I used apple chicken sausage to go with these fall flavors, but feel free to use any time of chicken or turkey sausage in this recipe or you can leave it out completely for a meatless dish.
- butternut squash – I absolutely love roasting butternut squash because it caramelizes so beautifully and always comes out perfectly tender that you want to eat it right off the pan! You could also use sweet potatoes, cubed pumpkin or even carrots in this recipe.
- brussels sprouts – another one of my favorite seasonal veggies because they taste amazing with all these fall flavors! If you’re not a fan of brussels sprouts, feel free to use broccoli, asparagus, zucchini or even cauliflower and you could also add sliced bell peppers.
- apples – I suggest using crisp apples like honeycrisp, gala or granny smith apples as they tend to hold up well without getting mushy, but any type of apple will work or you could even use chopped pears.
- olive oil – this helps bring out all that delicious roasted flavor and gives the veggies a nice golden color. Olive oil is also important to prevent everything from sticking to the pan and from drying out.
- maple syrup – this adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the dish while bringing out the amazing flavors of the produce. If you don’t have maple syrup, you could always use honey or try a combination of both!
- dijon mustard – adds even more flavor and zip.
- garlic – you can use fresh chopped garlic or minced garlic from the jar. If you don’t have any fresh garlic on hand, use 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- fresh herbs – combination of fresh sage, rosemary and thyme. I always prefer the taste of fresh herbs, but feel free to substitute
- spices – we are using onion powder, salt and black pepper.
How to Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Chop veggies and apples. Trim and slice the brussels sprouts, and peel/slice the butternut squash and apples, making sure you have chunks that are all even in size so that everything cooks evenly. You will also want to slice the chicken sausage.
- Make the maple mustard glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic and onion powder. Set the sauce aside.
- Roast in the oven. Spread out the chicken sausage, veggies and apples onto a large baking sheet (you can line the sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up), drizzle with maple mustard glaze and sprinkle with fresh herbs, tossing everything together. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes, tossing everything halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve with rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice (for a low-carb option) or enjoy as is for a flavorful fall dinner the whole family will love!
How to Cut Butternut Squash
- Start by cutting off the bottom portion of the squash. This helps stabilize the squash so you can start peeling it. Make sure to have a good vegetable peeler and work your way down from the stem. Butternut squash skin is thin and smooth so this is really easy to do!
- Next cut off the stem and slice your squash in half longways using a sharp chef’s knife. If your squash is really thick and hard to cut, you can just pop it in the microwave or oven to warm it up for a few minutes to make it easier to slice through. Then just scoop out all the seeds and stringy parts using a spoon.
- Lay your halves cut side down on a cutting board and slices the squash into 1-inch cubes. You’ll want them to be as close in size as possible so that the squash cooks evenly. And that’s it!
Prepping and Storage
To Prep: The veggies can be chopped ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days prior to cooking so this recipe is great for meal prep!
To Store: Make sure everything has cooled and store leftovers in a sealed, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Sheet Pan Recipes You’ll Love
- Sheet Pan Ginger Maple Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Glazed Salmon
- Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Asian Glazed Salmon and Veggies
More Fall Recipes You’ll Love
- Maple Glazed Squash and Brussels Sprouts
- Sausage, Apple and Herb Stuffing
- Roasted Squash, Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- Crock Pot Butternut Squash Chili
- Fall Brussels Sprout Salad
Hope you all enjoy this Harvest Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
Harvest Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Harvest Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies loaded with flavorful chicken sausage, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and apples for a quick and easy dinner made in just 30 minutes! Roasted in a maple mustard glaze and fresh herbs for the perfect fall meal!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- 12 oz apple chicken sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 honeycrisp apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt + black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh sage, fresh thyme and fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and peel/chop all veggies, apples and herbs and slice up sausage links.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic and onion powder. Set the aside.
- Spread out the chicken sausage, veggies and apples onto a large baking sheet (you can line the sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up), drizzle with maple mustard glaze and sprinkle with fresh herbs, tossing everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing everything halfway through. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 24.3 g
- Sodium: 650.9 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.4 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 15.1 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
The post Harvest Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies appeared.
Powered by Mayhealthylifestyle